Some courses need minimum numbers to run so please book on at least a week before your chosen course starts. After that time, please contact us to make sure there is space.
Courses need to be paid for (course fees + materials) before your course takes place.
There are three ways to enrol on our courses, choose the one most convenient for you:
- Call us on 0113 238 0601
- Visit our building during term time between 8:30 and 16:00 Monday to Thursday
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website at www.groundworklearningcentre.com for more information on our courses, schedules and fees.
How can I pay?
- Cheque payable to Groundwork Leeds
- Bank transfer (ask for details)
Courses run through Leeds City Council Adult Community Learning offer concessions on fees for those who are:
- Retired and in receipt of state pension (reduced rate)
- On a low income (fee exempt)
- An individual who earns less than £15,736.50 annual gross salary, based on the Social mobility Commission’s low pay threshold of £8.07 (hourly rate in 2016) and on the assumption of a 37.5hr contract with paid statutory holiday entitlement
- In receipt of the following income based state benefits (fee exempt)
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Incapacity Benefit
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit (low income households)
- Working Tax Credit
- Pension Credit (not savings credit)
- Return to Work Credit
- In Work Credit
- Job Grant, paid within two months of starting the learning
- Mortgage Interest Run On
- Carer’s Allowance
Proof of entitlement will be required for concessions.
English and maths courses are free
Courses are also free for offenders serving their sentence in the community, asylum seekers in receipt of the equivalent of a state benefit, unwaged dependents of Asylum Seekers, individuals who are economically inactive because they are unable to claim income related state benefits and those suffering hardship.
Courses funded through Leeds City Council Adult Community Learning require participants to be 19+ and residents in the Leeds Metropolitan area.
All equipment is provided (except where stated). All Arts and Craft courses will have a nominal amount charged for the cost for materials, this is payable by everyone, regardless of concessions.
- Arts and Craft courses for one session will have materials included – no charge
- Arts and Craft courses lasting 2 -5 weeks will have a £5 charge
- Arts and Craft courses lasting 6 weeks or more will have a £10 charge
Courses may need minimum numbers to run, if courses are cancelled then refunds for fees will be made pro-rata to learners according to how many sessions have happened after the third week and in full before that.
Full refunds will be given for cancellations by learners up to 7 days before the course start date.
Refunds with less than 7 days to go to the course will be minus £10 administration charge
No refunds will be given once the course has started unless in exceptional circumstances (please ask for details)
All courses take place at Groundwork Learning Centre in our first floor classrooms (except for the woodworking courses on the ground floor). There is limited accessibility to our first floor classrooms (22 steps with platform area after 12 steps). Please ask for more details before booking.
Groundwork Learning Centre is based at Groundwork, Merlyn-Rees Avenue, Morley, Leeds, LS27 9SL.
Parking is available after 5.30pm in the Groundwork private car park. Before 5.30pm there are free council car parks in the local area. There are Blue Badge parking spaces at the front of the building.
Getting here: We are a short 5 minute walk from Morley Town Hall which is serviced by the 51, 52, 220 and 425 buses. The train station is approximately a mile away.
Monday 17th September 2018 to Friday 21st December 2018
(We close for half term Friday 26th October 2018 and reopen Monday 5th November 2018)
Monday 14th January 2019 to Friday 29th March 2019
(We close for half term Monday 18th February 2019 to Friday 22nd February 2019)
Tuesday 23rd April 2019 to Friday 17th July 2019
(We close for half term Monday 27th May to Friday 31st May 2019)
Click here to download our schedule for full details and prices:
Click here to download our Autumn 2018 course prospectus: